Are you the one who is looking for a way to resign from Amazon?
If so, you’re not alone. Every year, thousands of people quit the company for various reasons. And while leaving may seem difficult.
But if you have made up your mind. Make sure to take a few steps to have a smooth transition out of the company.
1. Assess Your Situation
Leaving your amazon job is a big move that shouldn’t be taken lightly. There are a lot of pros and cons to consider before you decide to resign, and you should take the time to assess your situation carefully before proceeding.
- Are you unhappy with your current position or Amazon as a whole?
- Do you have another job lined up?
- Can you afford to quit?
- What are the pros and cons of resigning?
Once you’ve assessed your situation and decided that quitting your job is the right decision, it’s time to take your next move.
2. Have Conservation With Your Manager
Give your supervisor a heads-up that you intend to resign. This way, they can plan for your replacement, and you can wrap up any loose ends before you leave. You need to notify your manager. You can send it via email or in person, depending on your preference.
3. Write A Resignation Letter
A resignation letter is a definitive statement of your intention to leave a job. It is essential to write a resignation letter when you go for a position, whether due to confidential reasons, relocating, or taking another job.
When writing a resignation letter, include your name, the date you are leaving, and the reason for your departure. A resignation letter is also a way to show gratitude for the chances you have had while working there.
4. Give Notice Period After
Once you’ve spoken to your manager, it’s time to give your notice in writing. It is company policy at Amazon to give two weeks’ notice after resigning from the company.
This notice period allows the company to find someone else for the position. Being professional and respectful when giving notice is essential, as this is a crucial part of Amazon’s culture.
5. Check Your Employment Agreement
When you resign from Amazon, you should always review your employment agreement first. Depending on the agreement you made, you may be required to give Amazon advanced notice before resigning, or you may be restricted from working for a competitor for a certain period after you leave.
Your employment agreement will likely cover confidentiality, non-competition, and intellectual property topics. Reading through these clauses carefully is important to understand what they mean to you. Consider consulting with an attorney to understand your rights and options better.
6. Take Your Final Days
You may have already given in your notice or be waiting until your last day.
- First, make sure all loose ends are secured. This includes finishing any projects you’re working on, delegating your responsibilities to another team member, and cleaning up your workspace. You must ensure everything is taken care of before you depart since you don’t want to leave your coworkers in a difficult situation.
- It would be nice if you also took the time to say goodbyes to your coworkers. This does not have to be a lengthy or formal procedure; a simple email or chat would suffice.
- Last but not least, it would be ideal if you began packing away your stuff from your desk. When you resign, you don’t want to leave anything behind.
7. Return Company Property
This includes any Amazon devices (such as Kindle e-readers or Fire tablets), Amazon gift cards, and Amazon.com credit. Failure to return these items could result in legal action against you. So, before you resign, make sure you return all company property. This will help you avoid any legal problems down the road.
Check all your documents and personal property before leaving. Make sure not to leave any confidential or proprietary information behind. Delete all files and data you cannot take when you leave.
It can be wise to resign from a company, especially if it is a toxic work environment. However, leaving secure employment might be stressful even though you’re unhappy there.
If you’re considering resigning, it’s always a good idea to assess the advantages and cons before making a choice. It would be ideal if you also had a strategy for locating a new position.