You can’t go wrong with Portugal if you’re looking for a country that welcomes digital nomads. Portugal has recently become a well-liked vacation spot for digital nomads and remote workers thanks to its excellent climate, cuisine, and culture. The new digital nomad visa has made living and working in Portugal even simpler.
You must first apply for a visa to begin your new life as a digital nomad in Portugal. You need to have a passport and health insurance covering you in Portugal. Additionally, you will need to demonstrate that you have the means to keep yourself during your visit.
This article will walk you through getting a digital nomad visa in Portugal. I’ll also give you some pointers on what to expect during the application process. So, if you’re ready to embark on your digital nomad journey in Portugal, keep reading.
Table of Contents
- What Are The Requirements For The Digital Nomad Visa Portugal?
- How Long Can You Stay In Portugal With A Digital Nomad Visa?
- What Are The Five Advantages Of The Digital Nomad Visa In Portugal?
- What Is The Procedure Of Applying For A Digital Nomad Visa In Portugal
What Are The Requirements For The Digital Nomad Visa Portugal?
The digital nomad visa in Portugal is available to foreigners who work in a “digitally dependent” occupation, meaning their work can be completed online. It does not matter what kind of work qualifies as long as it is your primary source of income. To be eligible to apply for a digital nomad visa, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a particular country. Look at the list of countries right here.
- Individual must be above 18 years old.
- You must possess a valid passport.
- Show proof of health insurance.
- Demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself.
- Demonstrate that you have a return ticket home or enough money to purchase one.
If you meet all of the conditions specified above, you can apply for a digital nomad visa by completing this form.
How Long Can You Stay In Portugal With A Digital Nomad Visa?
Portugal’s visa for digital nomads permits stays of up to 90 days. This is one of the most extended durations allowed for digital nomad visas, making Portugal a great option for all digital nomads who want to live in one place for an extended time.
What Are The Five Advantages Of The Digital Nomad Visa In Portugal?
Obtaining a digital nomad visa in Portugal has numerous advantages. Here are five of the most significant benefits:
- You can stay and work in Portugal for up to a year.
- You are given access to Portugal’s top-notch healthcare system.
- It allows you to open a venture in Portugal.
- It gives you a chance to learn Portuguese.
What Is The Procedure Of Applying For A Digital Nomad Visa In Portugal
A residence visa, which enables you to stay in Portugal for up to five years, is also an option. You can either opt to apply for a student visa if you’re interested in studying in Portugal for up to a year.
You’ll need to:
- Submit an online application to get a visa for digital nomads.
- You’ll have to give some basic details about yourself.
- Your academic and professional background.
- A letter of referral from your employer is also required.
You must deliver the required paperwork to the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your country once you have it all. Additionally, you’ll have to pay a processing fee and wait for the Portuguese government to decide.
You will be permitted to stay and work in Portugal for a maximum of one year if your application is accepted. Research the prerequisites for the visa you’re interested in since the application procedures for each visa vary. More information is available on the website of the Portuguese embassy.
Portugal is a suitable place for a digital nomad. Portugal is quickly rising to the top of the list of places to live and work abroad due to its flexible visa requirements and friendly attitude toward digital nomads. Thanks for reading!