The H1B visa is a great way to live and work in the United States, but it has some restrictions.
For example, you can only work for your sponsoring employer and not start your own business. However, there are still some ways you can create a side hustle while on an H1B visa.
This article will give you five side hustle ideas you can begin while on an H1B visa.
Table of Contents
- What is an H1B visa?
- 5 H1b side hustle
- 1. Start Your Youtube Channel
- 2. Make Real Estate Investments
- 3. Provide Consulting Services In Your Field Of Expertise
- 4. Create A Website Or Blog And Start A Content-Writing Business
- 5. Social Media Marketing Services
- 6. Offer Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services To Businesses.
- 7. Design And Sell Online Courses On A Platform Like Udemy.
- 8. Create An Internet Store As A Side Business
What is an H1B visa?
A non-immigrant visa called an H1B allows U.S. employers to hire foreign workers for specialized jobs temporarily. Workers need to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a speciality occupation to be eligible for an H1B visa.
The initial H1B visa can be obtained for a maximum of three years, and a further three-year extension is also possible. Holders of H1B visas have six years to leave the country or find a new visa, whichever comes first. The annual cap for H1B visas is presently 65,000.
5 H1b side hustle
If you’re on an H1B visa, you may wonder if there are any ways to earn extra income. The good news is that there are some ways to do this. Here are eight ways to get extra income while on an H1B visa:
1. Start Your Youtube Channel
Many people are making full-time income from their YouTube channels. But you can continue your job to start a successful YouTube channel. You can start a YouTube channel as a side hustle and gradually grow it into a full-time business. You must ensure you have the dedication and resources to commit to your channel. Creating quality videos takes time and effort, so you can commit to posting regularly. Also, you need to be prepared to promote your channel. You can’t just sit back and wait for people to find you. you need to be proactive and get the word out there.
2. Make Real Estate Investments
Buying real estate is another technique to generate extra income. You can achieve this by buying real estate, taking on the role of a landlord, or contributing to a real estate crowdfunding site.
3. Provide Consulting Services In Your Field Of Expertise
You can use your expertise to benefit others by providing consulting services if you are an authority in your profession. Consulting is the best approach to sharing your knowledge and assisting people with their problems.
- You must first confirm that you are qualified to provide consultancy services. The many consulting services you can provide, such as business, marketing, or financial, should also be known.
- Lastly, you must understand how to promote your consulting services to potential customers.
4. Create A Website Or Blog And Start A Content-Writing Business
Use a free blogging platform like WordPress.com or Blogger.com to get started. Start offering article-writing services when your blog is up and running. Blog entries, articles, website content, and other types of writing are all examples of content. After your blog, you can start providing businesses and people with article-writing services. You need to select a web hosting service and register a domain name before you can launch a website.
5. Social Media Marketing Services
You may assist small businesses in increasing their online presence and achieving their goals by creating and managing social media accounts and devising and implementing social media strategies.
6. Offer Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services To Businesses.
If you have an understanding and experience in SEO, you can offer your services to businesses looking to improve their search engine rankings. SEO is a complicated and ever-changing field, but staying updated on the latest trends and best practices can help companies to achieve their SEO goals.
- You’ll need to understand how the SEO game works and how it can be used to improve a website’s ranking.
- You’ll need to stay up-to-date on the latest SEO trends and best practices.
- You’ll need to communicate effectively with clients and deliver results.
7. Design And Sell Online Courses On A Platform Like Udemy.
Creating and selling online courses is definitely a great way to earn extra income and build your brand. With Udemy, you can share knowledge with your expertise and create and sell online courses on Udemy.
All you need is an account on Udemy and create your course. You’ll need to develop a title and description for your course, and then you’ll need to record and upload your video lessons. Once your course is live, you can start promoting it to your audience.
8. Create An Internet Store As A Side Business
The development of eCommerce has made now the ideal time to launch an online store as a side business. Your products can be sold worldwide, and getting started doesn’t require a large initial investment. Additionally, you can begin making sales with the appropriate platform and marketing plan.
Well, there are many ways to supplement your income while on an H1-B visa. You can either launch your own company, invest in one, or discover a means to earn money through your hobby.
It is important to note, however, that you must follow the rules of your visa and may need approval from your employer before starting a side business. If you have any immigration queries, consult with an immigration consultant.