Instaportal is a popular website that claims to hack Instagram accounts for a small fee. The reality, on the other hand, is that Instaportal is nothing but a phishing scam.
All Instaportal does is bait users to submit their card information on their website so that the scammers can steal your money and data. And, unsurprisingly, there’s no hacking either.
Table of Contents
- How Does Instaportal Work?
- How Instaportal Steals/Destroys Your Data And Money
- What To Do If You Fell For The Instaportal Scam
- Are There Any Legit Instagram Hacking Websites?
- How To Prevent Yourself From Getting Scammed?
- Websites Like Instaportal That You Should Stay Away From
How Does Instaportal Work?
Instaportal does not work, but its scam sure has worked on many people.
Instaportal baits users by claiming to offer a code that can get you to hack any Instagram account that you want. Now, everyone has had their fishy moment where they wanted to hack an account, whether it’s for attention, to bother a celebrity they dislike, or to get inside the Instagram account of an ex with which you had a bad break up with.
And there, at a vulnerable moment, many users can be baited towards the Instaportal scam.
Instaportal claims to offer the hacking code at only $15. The process includes you providing your information on the website, where the website shows a progress bar of how close you are to hack the Instagram account.
On the last page, it asks you for your payment information (Card number, security code, OTP, etc.), and starts deducting money from your back offering no hacks or anything in return.
How Instaportal Steals/Destroys Your Data And Money
Instaportal doesn’t only steal your card’s details and deduct money from your bank account, there can actually be much more to the scam.
During the process of “hacking”, the website asks for other sensitive information as well that can be held against you or misused.
Many users have also reported the website for containing malware or virus content that can harm or steal the data on your device. This data could contain sensitive information that may lead you to make even more losses.
Apparently, the Instaportal scam is so delicate, many users have faced a lot of hassles when trying to cancel Instaportal’s subscription by contacting their bank.
What To Do If You Fell For The Instaportal Scam
In the unfortunate case that you fell for the Instaportal scam, here are all the things you can do to keep yourself protected:
- First and foremost, contact your banks and cancel all the cards that you have temporarily. Not just the card that you filled in on the website, your best bet is to stay away from danger as much as possible.
- Disconnect your device from the internet and uninstall any software or files that you may have installed from the website. These are most definitely malware or virus files that will just harm your PC more and steal data. If you’re facing issues uninstalling the programs, consider using IObit Uninstaller.
- Change your passwords. Especially your Google or iCloud passwords as they contain the most sensitive information. Once that is done, change the passwords of your social media.
Are There Any Legit Instagram Hacking Websites?
No. There are no legitimate hacking websites that can hack Instagram accounts, and this doesn’t just limit to Instagram. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, no social media account is so easy to hack that you can just pay an online fee and hack someone’s account in a matter of clicks.
Moreover, hacking is illegal. It’s a cybercrime that could get you imprisoned for up to 5 years or fined up to $5000.
Hacking does exist, yes, but it requires internet professionals to do it.
Even if you know or are in contact with an internet professional that can help you hack an account, STAY AWAY.
If you’re in contact with a tech geek who can actually hack accounts, you have no idea how dangerous they can be to you as well. Not only will you be harassing someone on the internet by hacking their account (no matter how much you hate them, it’s not justified), but you will end up putting yourself in a dangerous position where you can also get scammed, many times even without your knowledge!
How To Prevent Yourself From Getting Scammed?
To prevent yourself from dangers like this, stay away from suspicious and shady things. The rule of thumb when it comes to using the internet is, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Especially when it comes to sharing your information, you should NEVER share your bank details or card information on websites that are not reputable or trusted.
Here are some additional tips that can help you avoid scams:
- Get an antivirus that comes with Web Protection
- Avoid going to websites that are known to be harmful or unsafe
- Use a VPN when surfing the internet
- Do not open any unknown emails or links, especially the ones that sound too good to be true
- Do not click on pop-up ads
- Avoid sharing sensitive information on the internet such as bank details
Websites Like Instaportal That You Should Stay Away From
Instaportal is not an active website anymore. It probably got reported for being a scam and was taken down. But there are still many websites like Instaportal that are active and ready to scam gullible users.
Among the most popular ones are:
These websites are scams, just like Instaportal, and you should stay away from them.
Hacking is illegal and unethical, so you should always stay away from it as much as possible. If you did fall into a scam, treat it as karma and don’t go near it again.
However, there are many scams that you can still fall into while having no greedy desires, so be sure to implement the preventative tips mentioned above and keep yourself safe on the internet.
Interested in more? Check out Are NFTs A Scam Or Legit?