Sajid Nadidadwala is one of the most esteemed and popular movie directors and producers of Bollywood, India. Sajid was born into a film-making family, with his father and grandfather working in media as well, Sajid followed their footsteps and turned out to be one of the best there ever was in Bollywood.
Among the most popular movies that he produced are Judwaa 2, Heropanti, Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega, and Tamasha.
His successful career fueled a strong income source for him, making him an independent millionaire with an estimated net worth of around 5-10 million dollars.
Sajid Nadiadwala Bio
Before getting into how rich Sajid Nadiadwala is, let’s look through some of the basic facts of his life.
Sajid Nadiadwala’s Birth
Sajid Nadiadwala was born on 18 February 1966, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, making him 57 years old right now and following the Zodiac sign of Aquarius.
Sajid Nadiadwala was born into a Muslim family and is a Muslim himself as well.
Sajid Nadiadwala’s Education and Career
In the filmmaking industry, Sajid Nadiadwala has worked as a Director, Producer, and Writer.
His education qualifications are C.A. and G.C.D in Law.
Sajid Nadiadwala’s Spouses And Family
Sajid Nadiadwala was married twice, first to Divya Bharti, who was an actress, in 1992, however, the marriage couldn’t last long following the unfortunate demise of his wife.
Later, Sajid remarried with Warda Khan in 2000.
With Warda Khan, Sajid has two kids: Sufyan Nadiadwala and Subhan Nadiadwala.
Sajid Nadiadwala’s Hobbies and Interests
Sajid Nadiadwala is claimed to be a fan of Daal Chawal and Chicken.
When it comes to books, his two favorite ones are The Godfather by Mario Puzo and The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum.
He is known to be a big fan of football, but his favorite club is still unknown.
Reportedly, Sajid Nadiadwala is also a fan of luxury cars, and owns the following ones:
How Rich Is Sajid Nadiadwala?
Sajid Nadiadwala belongs to one of the richest families in India. With his father and grandfather also being millionaire film producers as well, it is hard to pin down how many assets in the Nadiadwala family he owns himself.
A ballpark figure of his net worth is around 5-10 million dollars, however, some analyses have even depicted this figure to be as much as $46 million dollars!
Annually, Sajid Nadiadwala earns around $1,000,000 (1 million dollars) a year.
How Did Sajid Nadiadwala Become A Millionaire?
Sajid Nadiadwala was born into a very rich family, so becoming a millionaire as a son of millionaire parents wasn’t the hardest of tasks.
Sajid Nadiadwala’s grandfather was Abdul Karim Nadiadwala, who produced hundreds of films including the blockbuster Taj Mahal. His grandfather owned theatres and had more than 5,000 acres of land. Even many streets were named after them.
Sajid’s father was Sulieman Nadiadwala, who was also a film producer.
With a family background in filmmaking, Sajid followed their steps by having a keen interest in watching movies and producing and started his career at a young age as a production assistant at his uncle’s production house. However, his first work was as an assistant director at the age of 21 on Ghulami.
Sajid Nadiadwala As A Producer
Soon, at the age of 25, Sajid Nadiadwala founded his own production company with the name of Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment.
With his production house, he produced his first film Zulm Ki Hukumat (1992), working with stars like Dharmendra and Govinda. While his next project Waqt Hamara Hai (1993) involved working with the biggest stars of the time, Akshay Kumar and Suniel Shetty.
He went on to produce blockbuster films with famous artists by working on the following films with the following stars
- Jeet (1996) with Sunny Deol and Salman Khan
- Judwaa (1997) with Salman Khan
- Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega (2000) with Salman Khan, Rani Mukherjee, and Preity Zinta
- Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004) with Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra, and Salman Khan
- Janeman (2006) Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, and Preity Zinta- Commercially unsuccessful
- Hey Babyy (2007) with Dir. Sajid Khan.
- Kambakkht Ishq (2009) with Sylvester Stallone, Akshay Kumar, and Kareena Kapoor
- Tamasha (2015) with Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone
- Baaghi (2016) with Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor
- Housefull 3 (2017) with Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan, and Jacqueline Fernandez
- Dishoom (2016) with Varun Dhawan and Jacqueline Fernandez
- Phantom (2015) with Saif Ali Khan and Katrina Kaif
- Rangoon (2017) with Saif Ali Khan and Shahid Kapoor
- Judwaa 2 (2017) with Varun Dhawan and Jacqueline Fernandez
- Baaghi 2 (2018) with Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani
- Chhichhore (2019) with Shushant Singh and Shraddha Kapoor
- Baaghi 3 (2020) with Tiger Shroff and Disha Patan
- Bachchhan Paandey (2022) with Akshay Kumar and Jacqueline Fernandez
- Housefull 4 (2019) with Akshay Kumar and Bobby Deol
- Heropanti 2 (2022) with Tiger Shroff and Nawazuddin Siddiqui
How Sajid Nadiadwala Helped Salman Khan In Bollywood
Sajid Nadiadwala was one of the first producers to find talent in Salman Khan and featured him in the first movies of the actor. This is the reason many fans credit Salman Khan’s success to Sajid Nadiadwala.
This is also the reason Sajid Nadiadwala got famous along the way when people started realizing how big of an actor Salman Khan is, and how good of a producer Sajid Nadiadwala was to recognize this way before anyone.
Sajid Nadiadwala As A Writer and Director
While production was always the most formidable of works from Sajid Nadiadwala, he has tried directing in one film while has worked as a writer in several others.
- Kick – As a director
- Housefull/ Housefull 2/ Housefull 4 – As a writer
- Kick – As a screenplay writer
- Baaghi 2/ Baaghi 3 – As a story adaptation writer
- Bachchhan Paandey – As a story adaptation writer
- Heropanti 2 – As a story writer
- Lai Bhaari – As a story writer
With the works Sajid Nadiadwala has performed in the Bollywood filmmaking industry, it wouldn’t be fair to say he’s a millionaire just because of nepotism or being born into a rich family.
When it comes to movies, he’s an allrounder producing, writing, and directing blockbuster films day in, day out.