Ann Herbert is an important executive at Nike, serving the company in different designations since 1995.
Recently, Ann Herbert announced her resignation from Nike, while working as a Vice President and General Manager for North America.
The reasons for this resignation are still unknown but can be tied to her son’s reselling scandal.
With her mysterious resignation and her son’s shoe reselling scandal, a lot of spotlights have shone upon Ann Herbert and her life.
Table of Contents
How Rich Is Ann Herbert?
Ann Herbert’s net worth is still unknown. However, she can easily be found to be a multi-millionaire when we consider her salary.
As a vice president of Nike alone, according to Glassdoor, she was earning around $519,000 a year!
Ann Herbert’s Career At Nike
Ann Herbert had an outstanding career at Nike, lasting around 26 years! Let’s look at the timeline of how she started out as a mere salesperson and left the company from the Vice President position as a millionaire!
- Ann Herbert started her career at Nike as a Sales Representative from 1995 to 2000.
- From 2000 to 2006, Anne worked as a Senior Director at Nike.
- From 2007 to 2009, Anne shifted towards becoming a Senior Director for Equipment Merchandising.
- From 2009 to 2012, Anne was titled the Global Senior Director of Sales – Men’s Soccer, Baseball, and Training. This was a huge deal because Nike’s biggest niche was sports.
- From 2012 to 2014, she became Vice President of Sales – North America.
- From 2014 to 2016, she was promoted to Vice President and General Manager for Global Nike Stores Partnered.
- From 2016 to 2018, Ann was Vice President and General Manager for Asia Pacific & Latin America for Nike.
- From 2018 to 2020, she served as Vice President of Global Sales.
- From June 2020 to March 2021, she served as Vice President and General Manager For Nike – North America
Ann was praised by her peers to be extremely inspiring and knowledgeable. Her selling strategies always proved to be victorious and her knowledge never failed to bring innovation to Nike’s products and services.
What Is Ann Herbert’s Son Doing?
Ann Herbert has had an extremely reputable career life and career at Nike, however, her son’s wrongdoings imposed a scandal upon herself.
Ann Herbert is married to Pascal Herbert, both of whom have a son Joe Herbert.
Joe Herbert started a business by reselling Nike shoes, purchasing them at a massively discounted price, and selling them at a profit.
While Joe claims that he resells general release shoes, in truth, he was purchasing limited stock releases that already had a big hype and then resold them at a higher price.
In one interview with Bloomberg, Joe claimed to have spent $132,000 with his mom’s (Ann Herbert) credit card to purchase sneakers.
One example of his business model is when Joe bought dozens of pairs for Off White and Nike Air Jordan Retro 5 sneakers, that were sold out instantly and the only option was to buy from resellers.
Joe priced them at $1000 a pair, even though he bought them for a retail price of just $225.
On paper, this seemed like nothing but a young entrepreneur using his brains and financial freedom to profit from a business, however, the problem was Nike’s official stance that does not condone reselling. And since Ann was the vice president of Nike, this turned out to be a bigger deal when the public started connecting the dots and blaming Ann for being responsible in the reselling business.
Soon after, Ann submitted a resignation to Nike while being the Vice President and General Manager of Nike – North America.
That’s all there is to the public spotlight of Ann Herbert. Since she is not technically a celebrity, many of her finances and lifestyle aspects have stayed private, like her net worth. However, with her son’s reselling scandal, the general public has stood up to raise a voice and know more about her.